Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Wrapping up filming & Editing

  Alright so today was my last filming day and can I just say...what a relief! I haven't looked back at the footage yet, but I feel good about the work we did today. Yasemin was able to reach out to Gianni and he agreed to play the role of the mysterious, male love interest which was really nice.  I loved being able to work with people who want to pursue an acting career because they were fully engaged in the process and were very interested in their characters and the film in general...it was beautiful aha. 


  The two of them came over at around three and we spent a majority of the day filming the scenes that take place at my house where she takes him back to her apartment, essentially the ending. I decided to film out of order because the scene where they finally met, the middle, is filmed outdoors at night and I didn't want to waste time waiting for the sun to go down. Because the entire film is supposed to take place over one night, I placed blankets over the windows to cancel out the sunshine. This wasn't too difficult to do, it was a little annoying at times because the blanket kept falling, but the main problem that arose with this was the lack of light made lighting the scene a bit harder for me. It took me awhile to find the right balance between it being too dark and too light. Another problem we ran into while filming was being rushed while filming the scene where they bump into each other because the Barnes and Nobles we were filming in was about to close and my camera was constantly running out of battery. Ugh. 
  In the end, I'm a little unsatisfied with the lighting during the scene in which they eat together as well as the scene where they finally meet, but I did the best with what I had and I think if anything I should be able to make it look better in post. 
  Speaking of "in post," I'm most likely going to start editing everything together tonight. I'm currently importing all the clips of the footage we took. I'll be using Adobe Premiere Pro again this year, except this time I have a much newer laptop so I'm not expecting to run into the same problem of the program constantly freezing (fingers crossed.) 

That's it for now! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment