Sunday, April 9, 2017

Creating a brand; postcard and web design

 Okay, here we go. The other huge part of this project. Let's jump right into it.
 Essentially, the main point of the postcard and the website for the film is to advertise the heck out of it. I've stated previously that art house films are almost always targeted towards specific niche groups and they typically release their films through festivals or small theaters. Seeing that a good percent of the target audience I am trying to reach are young adults, I also plan on making the film accessible to them online. I'm still not sure if I plan on setting it up as a free release or if I'll have it available to rent or buy on iTunes or Amazon for a cheap price. Another route that I've seen common with indie short films is that creators will have a GoFundMe or Patreon page in which supporters of the film can donate a certain amount of money for the cause. Depending on how much you donate you can receive a digital copy of the film via email and other little prizes too such as posters or T-shirts. I've seen this done specifically with a filmmaker Wendy McColm and her feature length film Birds Without Feathers. If fans wanted to they could donate $5 for a digital download, $10 for the download and a poster and so on. I think this would be a great way to engage with fans as well as promote the film. 
  I'm also looking towards the site she created for her film as inspiration for my web design. It's incredibly simple and has a modernistic design that I think pleases audiences aesthetically as well as allows them to focus in on the content.
 This is also something I want to transfer over to the design of the postcard; something simple that isn't too busy and doesn't take the attention away from the content. For inspiration, I am looking towards simple yet engaging posters like the ones featured below. 


No comments:

Post a Comment